Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Trading Plan: Setups not working edition lol

Existing positions:
  1. CGC has some potential so I think I can hold it for today.
  2. WUBA - selling this, it failed. Again I entered this one because I hate missing out on a breakout. And this time the breakout failed
  3. FLIR - didn't pan out as well so I'm selling this one.
Note to self: Looks like reasonable entry point is a touch of the 20 period moving average on the 10 minute timeframe for the "strong stocks" i am able to identify throughout the day. That means have to wait for setup to materialize as well.

Anticipation Setups
  • SU
  • UBER
  • WUBA
  • TNDM
  • USFD
These look like the want to form swing highs (consolidating near recent swing highs) or consolidating nice after pulling back slightly. I will have to watch these guys tonight.

3 days down setups
  • FANG
  • VRS
  • HXL
  • SLB
  • GOLF
  • CHRS
Looking for a bounce on these names, most of them are actually just pulling back very few are really down to the shitter.

Market Observations

There are a lot of 4%+ breakouts again yesterday. 644 of them in my scans on good volume. This is quite a lot. I still see the same pattern of stocks having nice breakouts at the top end of their most recent swing. I have been hesitant to get it on these because I don't know when the selling will begin. The SPY is at swing highs too.

This is why i've been wanting to get in the action of a breakout asap. Just a sample: SPCE.


Strong opening from the get go on huge volume. Never even pulled back once to the 20 period average. But then again these names are few and far in between. Should be humble enough to know that I won't know these things in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment