Monday, September 30, 2019

First potential profit BBBY


APRN, GTES, and VSTO are some new setups i have orders in for today. I'm quite happy with what I'm seeing now in the pre-market for BBBY. By the looks of it I can probably sell half of my BBBY shares sometimes after 9:45am and then I will put my stop to break-even.

I stopped out on one of my stocks (on the same day) last Friday. Since Interactive Brokers for some reason no longer emails me what positions have been bought and sold at the time of the transaction, I totally forgot about what it was. All I know is that I lost money on that. I will include that in the trade review for the month end.

I am now seeing one limitation of the profit-taking strategy that I am following. It's that, I'm always taking losses at 1x risk but I'm already taking half my profit off at 1x risk which means I'm getting 0.5x risk...trailing the other portion, it would really have to move for me to even reach 1x risk total for the trade. I suppose that will allow me to have profits more consistently. But the math still kinda bugs me.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment