Tuesday, September 24, 2019

A new Round


None of my orders were hit yesterday. So before sleeping, I cancelled them. I think in hindsight had I not cancelled them, some of them would've been hit and then stopped out on the same day.

For today, I decided I'm going to add a "Time in force" parameter to my orders. The theory, well according to some market participants, is that the first 15 minutes of the day are one of the most volatile. I am avoiding that volatility in the first 15 minutes and have the system go live with my orders at around 9:45am.

Hopefully that reduces noise a little bit and prevents me from being stopped out in the first 15 minutes on the session. I just remembered that I am still under the day trading rule (under $25,000 account) and if I executed 5 day trades within a 3 day period (I think) my account will be suspended. Of course I do not want that. That is also my convenient excuse for not forcing another trade to come on the list.

I am not taking in any new names. Just the watchlist that I made from last Sunday is the one that I am using.

No comments:

Post a Comment