Saturday, November 2, 2019

Income Report: October 2019

One reason I wasn't hesitant to make a monthly review of my trades for October is that I actually did pretty well this month. If November turns out to be a dud I will still need to come up with an honest report card of what I did.

Here are the trades for this October 2019:


Commissions and other fees such as data feeds were just around $17. Thank you Interactive Brokers.

So it seems like a bulk of my profits came from two trades: GOGO and TILE. It is tempting to look at just these two and look for stocks with similar patterns. While that makes a little bit of sense logically, I think that things are more complicated than that.

I've had a couple of scratches: MTEM, FRAN and TMST. These stocks stopped me out on the same day I think. There are some stocks that I exited as they reached the first profit target: ACAD, BBBY, and PGTI.

In hindsight I should have kept MTEM in my radar as it went +40% after I got stopped out.

In OMI, I put in a second trade that didn't work out. Maybe I could have squeezed another $30 bucks or so to my profit but it was a setup that I wanted to take because it "looked" good. 

Zor says that the results are mostly random so I really want to avoid finding a pattern similar to GOGO and TILE because I might have just gotten lucky on those and a similarly looking setup might have a different result.

All in all, I think this is my best month so far this year and all of these stocks are from the Momentum + inside day scans that I took from ZorTrades. What I will do is continue focusing on the momentum scan and looking for tight, inside day plays.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment